Top 5 things to know about Mudia, Student Cook at The Pantry:
- I’m from Nigeria
- I’m a Food- Science major (I love food!)
- I love to dance & sing
- I’m out-going
- I’m also very straight-forward
- What would be a perfect afternoon for you?
At home in my bed with Netflix and chocolate covered strawberries (phone on do not disturb)
- What part of your job is your favorite?
It’s not just about preparing the food, I get to design it. I am able to plate the food and I’m able to present essentially “art” to customers.
- If money were not a consideration, what kind of a car would you buy?
A black and tinted Cadillac Escalade!
- What is the most fulfilling part of working with Dining & Catering?
We’re a family here at the Pantry. Everyone is understanding that most of us are students. The managers create a positive work environment for all of us even though they know a majority of the students are stressed out from school.
- How do you think working in Dining & Catering will help your future career?
This job gives me the experience of the handling and the safety of food. I get to work in culinary as well as learning the business side of culinary. This job prepares me for my career in the food industry.