Did you forget to make a plan for Valentine’s Day and now you’re scrambling to make a great day for your special someone? Don’t worry, we have you covered! We’ve created a great list from morning to night on what you can do so feel free to use our ideas to impress others. We won’t tell…
Start the Day Off Right
1. Surprise your loved ones or friends in the morning with a delicious coffee from Starbucks! Starbucks at the Purdue Memorial Union (PMU) created two Valentine’s-themed drinks, a dark chocolate strawberry frappuccino or a white chocolate strawberry frappuccino seen above, which are only available while supplies last! You can also grab a red velvet loaf cake, a cake pop, a cute reusable cup or a Starbucks gift card to go along with a cup of coffee.
2. If they don’t like coffee, make sure to grab chocolates and adorable stuffed animals from 3rd Street Market as a gift! The market is offering balloons, gift bags, Valentine’s-themed cookie cake and more for you to grab any time of the day.
3. We can’t forget about Urban Market in the PMU as they have carnations for $1 each for along with cupcakes and cute cards.
Food is the Way to the Heart – Let’s Talk Dinner
Get a little dressed up and head over to the Sagamore on the second floor of the PMU for a “3 Course Prix Fixe Menu”. It is $19 or $8 plus a meal swipe, but they also take Dining Dollars and Boiler Express. As a sneak peek, we know chef Rudy Ortiz plans to have a choice of soup or salad as a starter, multiple entree options including roasted prime rib and eggplant florentine seen above, and chocolate-dipped strawberries or English trifle for dessert! You have to make reservations in advance so email email@example.com or call 765.494.8945
The Night is Still Young
Ready to go out and do some fun activities? There are so many options so make sure to bring your friends, S/O or just go by yourself for some self-love and care!
1. Purdue Student Union Board (PSUB) will be hosting several Valentine’s themed events with one being Don’t Go Baking My Heart located at the North Ballroom in the PMU from 5-8 p.m. (time corrected from poster). There will be cookie decorating, teddy bear making and more!
2. Another PSUB event is Speed Friending at Krach from 7-9 p.m. There will be board games, food and music to go along with making new friends!
3. Need to relax after a good dinner? Flicks at Fowler will be showing the Joker movie at 8 p.m.! Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and it is free to attend for Purdue students so remember to bring your ID. The showing will be $4 for those who do not bring an ID or from out of town.
4. Grab some friends and head to Così in the Honors College to order a s’mores kit! Snuggle next to each other to tell funny stories and have a good time while making yourself a delicious snack for just one meal swipe.
5. You can also go bowling at Rack and Roll found in the basement of the PMU. They will be open from 10 a.m. – 12 a.m. You can find rates for bowling and billiards by clicking this link.
6. If you’re not interested in any of the events then go grab some snacks from 3rd Street Market and treat your boo, your friends or yourself to a nice night of staying in after a long week!
We hope you can use some of our ideas and go to the amazing events hosted Friday to have a wonderful and safe Valentine’s Day. Just between us, everyone in PD&C loves you and Purdue. We show it through the amazing food we serve to make sure all our Boilermakers are happy and healthy to go make their next giant leap!
Follow us on our Social Media channels for updates and other special events happening across campus.